I probably should have charged more.
Things I learned in this project:
If they tell you the design is important, it doesn't matter that said design includes:
Fixed pixel-height text inputs (so when you resize fonts you can't see what you write)
Misaligned fields and labels
So, I needed to use Smarty to generate the exact same HTML, working just as bad as the original. And it is thrice the work of doing it right.
If deployment is on Windows, regardless of having the same version of PHP, you are going to get in trouble one way or another.
In order to do it quick & cheap & good, I used PEAR modules extensively. And now I have to make sure all of them are in the server... where there is no remote admin solution usable. So I have to be onsite to deploy. I can't even remember the last time I had to do such a thing :-(
So, I was cheaper than the other proposals, and maybe I was a bit too cheap. Live and learn :-)